Get Toothache Relief in Jacksonville
A tooth infection may not seem like a big deal, but it could mean you have complications in your root canal. The root canal is the inner portion of your tooth and is filled with pulp that sometimes becomes infected and can lead to a number of uncomfortable symptoms.
Here at Freedom Village Dental, we provide root canal therapy for patients with an abscessed tooth. We can help you find relief and save your natural tooth.
Signs You Need Root Canal Therapy
Our Doctors can determine for certain if you need root canal therapy, but these are some signs that you may have an abscessed tooth:
- Tooth infection
- Tooth pain that intensifies from pressure
- Sensitivity to cold or heat
- Swollen gums near tooth pain
- Discolored tooth
- Pus and pimples on the gums
How Endodontics Can Help
Root canal therapy can help in a number of ways:
- Better Appearance – When you receive root canal therapy, we place a dental crown over your natural tooth. If your tooth became discolored from infection, a crown can improve the appearance.
- Relief from Discomfort – Once our doctor removes the infected pulp from your tooth, you should no longer experience pain.
- Simple Treatment – Despite what you may have heard, root canal therapy is a relatively simple treatment. We will help you feel comfortable during and after your procedure.
- Protection for the Oral Structure – Saving your tooth from extraction can help protect the jawbone and keep other teeth from shifting out of place.
If you are suffering from an abscessed tooth, don’t wait any longer! Call our team at Freedom Village Dental in Jacksonville to make an appointment. We can save your tooth and quickly provide you with increased comfort.