Your Emergency Dentist in Jacksonville
You never anticipate a dental emergency, so when you do get an injury or infection, you may not know what to do or where to turn. At Freedom Village Dental, we strive to make a stressful situation a bit easier by offering emergency dental care.
Should I See an Emergency Dentist?
Since you don’t have a dental emergency every day, you may not know when you should come in for urgent care. Feel free to call our team if you need help deciding whether or not to seek emergency dental care. You can also use this list of dental emergencies as a general guideline:
- Severe cheek, lip, or tongue bite
- Root canal infection
- Chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Object stuck between teeth
What Should I Do in an Emergency?
Be sure to call our team as quickly as possible in an emergency situation so that we can help you in your time of need. Here are some things you can do to ease any discomfort and protect your teeth while waiting for professional treatment:
- Gently rinse your mouth with warm water. Clean the injured or infected area, if possible.
- Use a cold compress for any pain or swelling.
- Place a small piece of damp gauze on any bleeding.
- Use floss to try to remove an object stuck between your teeth. Be sure not to use anything sharp to remove the object if floss doesn’t do the trick.
- Preserve a tooth that has been knocked out by either placing it between your cheek and gums or in a glass of milk.
- Take acetaminophen to relieve toothache pain.
Here to Help
Call our emergency dentist in Jacksonville when you have an urgent need. Our team at Freedom Village Dental is equipped with the tools and expertise to help you feel and look better after an emergency situation.